Tooth bonding is the application of a tooth-colored resin material using adhesives and a high intensity curing light. The procedure gets its name because materials are bonded to the tooth.
Dental bonding can be considered to fix the following dental issues:
- To repair decayed teeth (composite resins are used to fill cavities)
- To repair chipped or cracked teeth or close spaces in between teeth
- To improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- To make teeth look longer or change the shape of teeth
- To protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede.
During your cosmetic consultation we will determine what dental problems can be solved with bonding. We will conduct a thorough examination of your teeth that may involve x-rays and an evaluation of your teeth and gums. During your consultation, we will discuss if you are a candidate for the cosmetic problems that bonding can resolve, such as decayed teeth, cracked or chipped teeth, gaps, tooth discoloration, “short teeth”, and more. If you have teeth that are extensively damaged we may recommend other restorative or cosmetic procedures that meet more long-term goals.
Interested in bonding or have further questions, our experienced team is here to answer them, schedule a consultation today.